I frequently help high performers overcome obstacles to excellence. But what happens when the pursuit of excellence is the problem?
We live in a world where achievement and success are rightfully rewarded. At times, however, it is no longer just what we aim for, but can become a measure of who we are.
- Success, winning or perfection is then needed to feel loved and worthy.
- Performance anxiety, loss of enjoyment, depression can result.
Where does it end? How much achievement is enough to be good enough?
What You Need To Know:
- You are more than the sum of your accomplishments.
- You are loved for more than what you have achieved.
- Your worth is not in your body, your wealth, your job title, your grades, your wins or your losses.
Three Truths That Help:
- Mistakes are great – relate to them as opportunities for growth.
- Be You. The world needs a You.
- What do you want them to say when you’re gone?
Take a look at Dr. Eddie O’Connor’s FOX17 interview on overcoming obstacles to excellence below.
Dr. Eddie is a featured battle talker at the 4th Annual Battle of the Gains Summer Festival, Saturday July 13th at Calder Plaza at 1:30pm. He is one of 19 motivational speakers providing inspiration about how to overcome life’s battles with depression, health, relationship and business issues, and spirituality – all to make gains in life.
A FREE event from 10AM to 4PM, with a scavenger hunt for the kids, laser tag, basketball and volleyball tournaments, music, food … and be part of the record attempt for the World’s Largest Water Balloon Fight.