On The Sports Project Radio Show, Steve and Dr. Eddie talk about the right and wrong ways to set New Year’s Resolutions. Listen for strategies to achieve your goals in 2022.
- Most people give up their goals by the second Friday in January
- The loss of excitement and motivation is a major reason for this
- The key to goal success is better management of negative emotions
- Goals that are too big create overwhelm
- break them down into small daily tasks to make daily progress and feel successes.
- Dr. Eddie challenges Steve on his failure language!
- “Hopefully” and “try” are failure words to avoid
- They lack commitment to your desired result and allow excuses why you didn’t do “X” to be valid because you met your goal of just trying
- As Yoda said, “Do or do not. There is no try.”
- Focus on your goal hurts performance when you don’t define the process of how to get there
- List the specific and measurable behaviors you need to do daily to achieve your goal
- List the 1-2 biggest thoughts, feeling or behaviors that get in your way
- Come up with a specific plan (that you know will work) to get past these obstacles … and focus your attention and effort here
Achieving your goals is hard and research has proven over and over again that we all do better with a coach. I have a solution for you.
🥇 Success Stories Membership is my online community for high achievers, like you, who want to overcome anxiety, doubt, and a lack of motivation to perform at a consistently high level. This community uses an athletic mindset but is appropriate for athletes and non-athletes alike. You just have to want to get better.
Join now and catch my new “Goal Achieving” video, a 40-minute lesson with a worksheet that helps you through the goal-setting and achieving process!
Learn more at: https://dreddieoconnor.com/membership.